CarMD finally offers online access. This is great news for used car buyers.
This Monday’s brought some great news out of the CarMD offices! It’s now available online. Before, the service was only available through their handheld tool and app.
For those of you who don’t know about CarMD, it’s an automotive diagnostic tool and information provider. Here’s what they have to say on their site:
CarMD is a portable and easy-to-use device that tells you what’s wrong with your car and what it will cost to fix (no more guessing). You’re no longer at the mercy of just one mechanic’s opinion; CarMD’s data is powered by real-life knowledge from thousands of certified technicians! Whether you’re buying a used car, want to properly maintain your vehicle, or your check engine light is on, CarMD Mobile provides solutions for everyday vehicle owners.
Their VIN-specific Health and History Reports allow the users to obtain the following information:
- Accident, theft, hail, fire and flood damage history
- Five year cost of ownership
- Average miles per gallon
- If it has ever had its odometer rolled back
- Sales history, market value and the most current title information
- Upcoming maintenance items, including some beyond manufacturer recommendations
- Exclusive CarMD Predictive Failure listing probability of things likely to go wrong with the vehicle in the next year and estimated cost to repair
Both the app and CarMD Health and History reports are available to anyone, whether or not you are a CarMD tool owner.